Monday, January 21, 2013

Lovely Things

Philippians 4:8 "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."

As I read through Facebook or listen to people talk, I often feel that too much focus is on negative things.  Believe me, in the last year of my life I have faced a situation that could cause me to be incredibly angry or incredibly depressed.  Feeling those emotions occasionally is okay but dwelling on such things is not.  Paul clearly teaches us to focus on things that are noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable.  He goes on to say in verse 9 that if you put these things into practice "the God of peace will be with you."

This blog is a place for me to remind myself of things that are lovely and good, and to say them out loud for others to hear and enjoy as well.  

I began with the author of the blog, Cathy Whitaker.  "Cathy" has been my alias for several years now.  When I sign up to get something free in the mail I always address it to Cathy.  I don't know why I do it, it just makes me laugh.  Somewhere along the line my friends found out about it and it became even more funny.  Cathy Whitaker has been known to cause all sorts of shenanigans.  Who ordered that Chai Latte at Starbucks? Cathy.  Who's name just went in the door prize drawing? Cathy.  

Need a laugh? Make yourself an alias today.  You won't be disappointed.
-It's Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment